About Lynn Weill Consulting
With over twenty years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, Lynn Weill founded her own consulting firm, Lynn Weill Consulting, which specializes in helping nonprofit organizations in assessing, developing, planning, implementing and evaluating their fundraising programs to maximize results. Having served as the Vice President and Chief Development Officer for two major healthcare organizations in her local community, as well as having served on many nonprofit boards, Lynn brings hands-on experience and expertise to her work. Coaching, mentoring, and training are additional services offered by Lynn Weill Consulting.
- Development Assessments
- Strategic Planning
- Annual Giving
- Major Giving
- Capital Campaign Planning and Feasibility Studies
- Capital Campaign Counsel
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Volunteer Training
- Board Assessments
- Board Development and Training
In 2014 with over twenty years of fundraising experience, Lynn founded Lynn Weill Consulting to provide a “helping hand in philanthropy, planning and performance”. Lynn retired from Woman’s Hospital in December of 2013 where she served as Vice President/Chief Development Officer. As such, she was responsible for the development, implementation, and results of all of Woman’s Hospital's fund-raising activities, including the major gifts program, the planned giving program, the annual giving program, endowment development, donor relations, and special events. Prior to joining Woman’s, Lynn was Vice President for Development & Chief Development Officer at Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center.
Lynn received her Bachelor of Science degree in Education from Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She is a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Baton Rouge Chapter, where she served as President in 2006. She is a member of the Association of Healthcare Professionals and the Planned Giving Council of Greater Baton Rouge. Very active in the community, she has served many organizations in leadership roles. She is a member of the Rotary Club of Baton Rouge, Leadership Greater Baton Rouge Alumni, and Capital Area Network. Inducted into the Baton Rouge High School Hall of Fame in 1999, Ms. Weill also received the Congregation B'nai Israel President's Award in 1999 for her service to her synagogue; was named a Marketer of the Year by SME of Greater Baton Rouge in 2003; was named one of the Influential Women in Business in 2005 by the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report; was honored as the Outstanding Professional Fundraiser of the Year in 2008 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Baton Rouge Chapter; and was honored by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Baton Rouge Chapter, with the Brother Donnan Berry Award, the highest honor bestowed by the chapter upon a member. In November of 2013, Lynn was featured in a NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune article entitled "Turning tragedy into triumph: Lynn Weill's legacy of graceful persistence" (view the article at nola.com).
Current and past clients of Lynn Weill Consulting include Baton Rouge High School Foundation, Baton Rouge International School Foundation (BRISF), Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations, Runnels School, and St. Joseph Spirituality Center.
Community Leadership, Awards, and Honors
- Honored as the Outstanding Professional Fundraiser of the Year by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Baton Rouge Chapter, 2008
- Received the Brother Donnan Berry Award by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Baton Rouge Chapter (the highest award bestowed), 2016
- President, Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Baton Rouge Chapter, 2006
- Named one of the Influential Women in Business by the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report, 2005
- Named a Marketer of the Year by Sales and Marketing Executives of Greater Baton Rouge, 2003
- Received Congregation B'nai Israel President's Award, 1999, for service to synagogue
- Inducted into the Baton Rouge High School Hall of Fame, 1999
- Board of Trustees, Congregation B’nai Israel, 1980-1982; 2007-2009; 2014-present
- Board of Directors, Rotary Club of Baton Rouge, 2007-2009
- Treasurer, Capital Area Network, 2003
- Board of Directors, Leadership Greater Baton Rouge Alumni, 2002-2007
- Commissioner, East Baton Rouge Housing Authority, 1994-2001
- Board of Directors, Baton Rouge Crisis Intervention Center, 1994-1996
- Co-Chair Women’s Division, Jewish Federation of Greater Baton Rouge, 1990-1991
- Chair, Flood Relief Task Force of the Jewish Federation of Greater Baton Rouge, 2016-present
- President, Congregation B’nai Israel Sisterhood, 1980-1982
- President, B’nai B’rith Women, 1975-1976
Interested in retaining the services of Lynn Weill Consulting for your philanthropy, planning, and performance needs? Contact Lynn via phone at (225) 806-3292(225) 806-3292 or .
For more detailed information about Lynn, click on the button below to view her full resumé.